Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a tube pan with Crisco.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Dash of salt
- 5 eggs – add one at a time and beat 1 minute each
- 2 cups sifted flour – add last a little bit at a time
Bake at 375 degrees in prepared pan until batter starts to brown (about 1/2 hour).
Turn oven back to 350 degrees and bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 1/2
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tbls. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c butter (can double this and eliminate the Crisco if desired)
- 2 Tbls. Crisco
- Dash of salt
Mix til smooth. Ice Cake.
Recipe by: Martha Stewart Living
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 3/4 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
1. In a large bowl, mix turkey, panko, carrots, zucchini, onion, eggs, Italian Seasoning and salt until well combined, form into 1-inch balls.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until browned, about 7 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 7 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth and increase heat to medium; cook uncovered, until liquid is absorbed. Serve.
Recipe by: Teda Carbone
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 – 2 large avocado’s cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbls Champagne Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook corn until warmed through, 3-5 minutes. Rinse with cold water until cool.
2. Combine tomatoes, onion, avocado and basil in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients to make the vinaigrette, whisking until blended.
3. Cut corn kernels off cobs and add to salad, then pour in vinaigrette and toss gently to combine.
This stuff is amazingly good. Perfect addition to a summer meal!
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbls of sesame ginger marinade
- 1 package FIRM tofu – diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro – chopped
- 1 onion – diced
- 2 packages of mushrooms – diced
- 3-4 romo tomatoes – diced
- 2 avocados – sliced thinly
- 1 package of mexican or cheddar shredded cheese
- 2 pieces of naan bread
1. Dice and brown tofu in a pan with olive oil.
2. Once brown, add crushed garlic, cilantro and diced onion. Let simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms last and the sesame ginger marinade, let brown some more and cook down until most of the liquid is gone.
4. Place naan bread on cookie sheet lined with tin foil. Layer Tofu/Mushroom/Onion mixture first on both pieces, then add chopped tomoatoes, sliced avocados and cover with cheese.
5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees until cheese on top is melted. (About 15-20 minutes).
- 1/3 cup of margarine
- 1 can of Eagle condensed milk
- 1 bag of caramels (Kraft)
- 1 lb of pecans
- 1 pkg (12 oz.) of milk chocolate chips (Nestle’s)
- 1 pkg (12 oz.) of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 hunk of parrafin (3″x 1″ bar) maybe less
Heat margarine, milk and caramels in heavy pot (NOT stainless steel). TIP: A crock pot works well, although, it’s very slow.
Break up pecans and add to mixture.
Drop by teaspoon fulls on buttered wax paper.
NOTE: Caramel and pecan can harden overnight before dipping.
In a double broiler, heat chocolate and parafin wax until melted.
Dip caramels in chocolate and place back on wax paper.
When hard, store in refrigerator.
Makes a great Christmas treat!
Courtesy of Food.com
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cupall-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
SPRINKLE berries with lemon juice; set aside.
COMBINE 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
UNFOLD remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.